Environmental Sustainability at Keswick Theatre
What We’re Doing
Keswick Theatre is committed to reducing our environmental impact. We do so through ongoing efforts to save energy and water, recycle, purchase environmentally preferable products, and help raise awareness of environmental issues.
What We’re Doing
Keswick Theatre is committed to reducing our environmental impact. We do so through ongoing efforts to save energy and water, recycle, purchase environmentally preferable products, and help raise awareness of environmental issues. Here are just a few of the projects we have implemented to minimize our environmental impact:
- Created a recycling program for glass, plastic, aluminum, cardboard, paper and more
- Replaced lighting throughout theater with energy-efficient CFL or LED bulbs
- Created program to purchase recycled-content paper products, office supplies, and concession serviceware
- Hosted community e-waste recycling and clothing donation drives
- Established monthly newsletter featuring “green” living tips for subscribers
Keswick Theatre is proud to participate in AEG 1EARTH, AEG’s corporate environmental sustainability program. Through AEG 1EARTH, we:
- Exchange environmental best practices with other venues
- Track our environmental performance on a monthly basis, measuring energy consumption, water usage, and waste diversion
- Contribute to AEG’s progress towards its 2020 Environmental Goals
To learn more about AEG’s sustainability efforts and progress towards its 2020 Environmental Goals, please visit the AEG 1EARTH website and read AEG’s 2018 Sustainability Report.
What You Can Do
We’re doing our best to reduce our environmental impact and hope you will join us in our efforts. Here are a few tips to make your visit to Keswick Theatre more environmentally friendly:
- Consider walking, biking, taking public transit, or carpooling to avoid traffic, save on gas and parking, and reduce your carbon footprint. Get directions here
- Help us increase our recycling rate by placing all waste and recyclables into designated receptacles – if you aren’t sure where to put something, please ask!
- Turn off water faucets when you’re finished – let us know if you spot any leaks
- Use only as many disposable items (e.g., paper towels, napkins, utensils) as you need